What is Light The Night
Light The Night Walk: Taking Steps Toward CuresTM
Each year, in communities across Canada, teams or families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada's (LLSC's) Light The Night Walk events and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers.
Funds raised by teams and individual walkers provide:
- Lifesaving blood cancer research
- Free educational materials and events for patients and their families
- Local programs such as Family Support Groups and First Connection,a peer-to-peer counseling program
- Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Centre
Light The Night Walk events are evenings filled with inspiration. During this leisurely walk, family and friends gather in select sites across Canada to bring light to the dark world of cancer. Thousands of walkers carry illuminated lanterns showcasing their relation to the cause; a white lantern for blood cancer survivors, a red one to walk as a supporter and a gold one in memory of a loved one.
We are taking steps to cure cancer! Join us!You can register for the 2013 walks here.
Quick facts about the Light the Night walk:
- Illuminated lanterns and Light the Night T-shirts are provided to all Champions for cures who raise $100 or more to help fight blood cancer.
- The Walk is done at a leisurely pace and takes less than an hour to complete.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome. However, for everyone's safety, bicycles, inline skates, wheelie footwear, skateboards and scooters are not allowed.
- Walks take place rain or shine.
- Pets? Please check with the nearest office about bringing pets.